- Great ABK camp. Most days where light winds, which was just fine for me.
- Tried SUP paddling in the waves twice. I'd rather go to the dentist than try it again in similar conditions (and I really don't like going to the dentist).
- First downwinder I ever did, with Nina and Jonathen. Short, but lots of fun. Must do more of those.
- Discovered Salvo Day Use Area, which was wonderfully flat in NNE winds. Great spot for speed surfing and freestyle. Plenty choppy in 30+ mph SW, though.
- Sailed more than 100 nautical miles twice. Picked the wrong days for distance, though - day 1 included the house turnover, day 2 had too much wind & chop in the afternoon.
- Planed 8 of 14 days on 4.5 - 7.0 m sails. It could have been 9 days, but we had ABK camp video review one evening when the wind picked up.
- I love Hatteras in the spring!
Tomorrow promised to be a fun day in Kalmus. The wind forecast for the Buzzards Bay Crossing also looks great, with averages around 20 on Saturday and mid-teens on Sunday. The forecast has been going up slightly over the last couple of days, so I would not be surprised if we get even more wind. So, Boston area and Rhode Island windsurfers, what are you waiting for? Sign up already!